Life is messy, Words are meaningless, We are strong.

Thursday, March 14, 2013

It's Time

It's time to begin, isn't it
I get a little bit bigger than this
I'll admit

Today marks the beginning of the next phase in my life - the phase where I stop making excuses, the phase where I become solid - someone people can turn to and depend upon in moments of high pressure. It marks the beginning of my diet - I WILL REACH MY WEIGHT GOAL NO MATTER WHAT (don't worry it's a perfectly healthy weight a la my senior year of high school). I will be more organized and care of the things that need to be taken care of first. I will be active, stretch, have fun, and recover. I will sleep more - go to bed earlier and nap during the day.

Most of all: I WILL HAVE CONFIDENCE. Something I've struggled with in the past, but I'm done with that now. I'm sick of it, of being that girl who always is holding back tears. Screw it. I looked myself in the eye and said "I don't want to feel that way again." I need to fully embrace the fact that my journey - while it may not go exactly as planned - is different from anyone else's and belongs solely to me. And it's time to take charge of that. 

It's going to take some more steps to get where I want to be. I know what it means to work hard and I know what it means to sacrifice- I've been doing it for the better part of 11 years. I DESERVE to achieve my goals so now I have to set myself on that path. I WILL BECOME MORE THAN EXCELLENT.

And that starts today. 

It's time to begin. 

No comments:

Post a Comment